Monday, May 28, 2012

My first choice will be Ajay: Sanjay Dutt



By Hindustan Times

Sanjay Dutt has bought the Hindi remake rights of Puri Jagannath's Telugu super hit, Badri, starring Pawan Kalyan, Renu Desai and Ameesha Patel, for an estimated Rs. 40 lakh and gifted the film to good friend Ajay Devgn. “Ajay is great with action and romance and this role suits him the best. I’d
like him to treat it as his own production, work on the script, choose a director of his choice and roll with it whenever he can spare the dates. I’ll just produce the film and ensure that it gets a good release,” says the star.

In fact, the Sanjay says that henceforth, whenever plans a movie under his banner, Sanjay Dutt Productions Pvt. Ltd, his first choice will be Ajay. “Only if Ajay has date problems or issues over the script will I go to someone else,” says Sanjay, adding that his next production after Rascals (2011) will go on the floors by the end of the year, but he’s unsure if it will be Badri, the Satte Pe Satta remake or some other film.

Besides Ajay, Sanjay also admits to being close to Abhishek Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor and of course, Salman Khan. “Ajay and Abhishek are like my younger brothers and Ranbir is like a son who I’ve seen grow up,” he says. “As for Salman, he and I have been friends for over 25 years. We’re like brothers and today I’m happy to see him up there.”

Quiz him on the kind of films he’d like to make and Sanjay says, “I won’t experiment or copy. I’ll make only masala movies, which will be paisa vasool (worth your money) commercials much like SOS – Son Of Sardar, which Ajay is lining up for a Diwali release. We had a wonderful time shooting for it in Punjab. I don’t drink anymore so there were no Patiala pegs, but interacting with the locals was a high in itself. A few years ago, no one wanted to make action films, so actors like Ajay and me moved to lighter roles and there was an overdose of comedy. But SOS strikes a balance between comedy and action. It’s a definite Diwali cracker.”

No comments:

Post a Comment